Discover Hard-Hitting Biblical Evidence to Refute Classic Anti-Catholic Attacks
Why do Catholics believe things that aren't in the Bible? Why do you call Catholic priests "Father" when Jesus said, "Call no man on earth your father?" Why do Catholics pray to statues when the Ten Commandments forbid "graven images?" When your non-Catholic friends or family ask these questions, are you ready with a Biblical answer?
In A Fistful of Truth, the hard-hitting new three-CD series from fiery apologist Fr. Philip Scott, you'll discover how simple it is to refute these flawed Fundamentalist fallacies, straight from the pages of the Holy Bible.
Catholics believe that everything Scripture affirms to be true, is true. However, "Bible Christians" believe that Jesus intended to found His Church on Scripture alone. Now you'll be able to show, from the Bible, that God has revealed His truth in other ways including prophecy, certain individuals and Councils of Church leaders. Fr. Scott demonstrates the plain truth that although the Bible is "The Book" of Christianity, Christianity is not the religion of "The Book."
Call No Man Father
Many "Bible Christians" believe that the Catholic practice of calling priests "Father" is a contradiction of Jesus' words, "Call no man on earth your father." However, as you listen, you'll learn how the words "Father" and "Priest" are profoundly related in the Old Testament, and how, in the New Testament, St, Paul, and even Jesus Himself called religious leaders "Father."
"Bible Christians" often accuse Catholics of idolatry for the use of religious images and statues. But, in this powerful series, Father reveals how the Church's use of images is not to replace of God with idols, but to teach His revealed truths through religious art. Father even demonstrates from Scripture how God actually commanded the making of religious statues and images and gave them His divine seal of approval.
In the book of the prophet Hosea the Lord laments, "My people perish for lack of knowledge." Many Catholics leave the Church because they simply don't know what it really teaches. Order A Fistful of Truth now and discover how to powerfully refute classic attacks on Catholicism, and how to turn the tables by asking some hard questions of your own!
* How we know the Bible is inspired
* How St. Paul draws from oral Tradition in his Biblical letters
* Why "Ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ"
* Where the words "Father" and "Priest" are joined together in the OT
* How Jesus and St. Paul called religious leaders "Father" in Scripture
* How the Old Testament "type" of Peter was called "to be a Father" to God's people
* Where to find the Biblical basis for religious images, statues, and more
* How to prove from the Bible that the first commandment does not condemn all images
* How the Bible teaches that God used a bronze image to heal people
* How the use of images can be abused
* And much more"¦
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!