The Motu Proprio Edition of the 1962 Daily Missal. This is the only complete Roman Missal according to the typical edition of 1962 approved by the Church!
This edition includes the full text of the Motu Proprio in Latin and English.
* 2,216 pages printed in red/black.
* Size approximately 4.25" x 6.85"
* 115 engravings throughout carefully scanned, corrected where necessary and digitally remastered.
* Foreword and Imprimatur from the Most Reverend Fabian W. Bruskewitz, STD, Bishop of Lincoln.
* All the Masses of the Liturgical Year, in Latin with English translation, according to the Roman Calendar of 1962 - Temporal and Sanctoral Cycles and accompanying rites (Blessing of Ashes, Blessing of Palms, Chrism Mass, and the Blessing of Holy Oils, etc)
* Ordinary of the Mass, in Latin with English translation
* Liturgical Calendar
* Table of Moveable Feasts up to AD 2066
* Complete Holy Week Liturgy of 1962 (including the Office of Tenebrae)
* Common Masses of the Saints and the Blessed Virgin
* Supplement of special Masses for the Dioceses of the USA
* Supplement of special Masses for the Dioceses of England and Wales
* Supplement of special Masses for the Dioceses of Scotland
* Feasts celebrated in particular places and in certain religious congregations
* Votive Masses for the days of the week
* Sixteen Votive Masses for various occasions
* Masses for the Dead (including infants), Complete Burial Service, Prayers for the Dead
* Marriage Service and Nuptial Mass
* The Churching of Women
* Kyriale, in traditional Gregorian chant notation, including:
o Tones for the most common Ordinaries: I (Lux et Origo), IV (Cunctipotens Genitor Deus), VIII (De Angelis), IX (Cum Jubilo), XI (Orbis Factor), XXVII (Sundays of Advent & Lent), XVIII (Deus Genitor Alme)
o Tones for the Asperges and the Vidi Aquam
o Tones for the Credo: I, II, III and IV
* Vespers for Sundays and Feasts
* Compline for Sundays
* Hymns and chants for Exposition and Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament
* Anthems to the Blessed Virgin Mary
* Litany of the Saints
* Various Devotions and Prayers including favourite Litanies, the Way of the Cross, prayers of the Rosary and others
* Morning and Evening Prayers
* Devotions for Confession
* Devotions for Holy Communion
* Te Deum Laudamus
* The Itinerary or Office before a Journey
* Various Blessings
* An explanation of "The Liturgy or Public Worship of the Catholic and Roman Church"
* An Abridgement of Christian Doctrine
The missal is bound in real leather, which has loyally served Catholics since medieval times when Religious used it to protect precious editions of Holy works.
The flexible cover edition is made using real Moroccan leather hand covered over flexible boards. The edges have been meticulously stitched to create an elegant and portable Bible.
The endpapers are made of thick heavy weight paper, decoratively printed with traditional Catholic symbols. As with the Baronius Douay Rheims Bible, the edges of the paper have been gilded to the highest standards with a special gold gilding process to provide the warm glow seen on the gilded surface of the pages. Six soft ribbons have been specifically chosen to ensure that they do not damage the gilding or paper edges in any way.
Leather binding. 2,248 pages.
Posted by Tamara Pozzi on 31st Oct 2013
This is a well bound book, gold page edges, of very high quality. It has clear print, and is quite thick. I am a new Catholic, so I don't even know where to find the current day's Mass. But this lovely book is loaded with information that will help to instruct me in the Faith. I am so glad I discovered it.