At the turn of the 18th century, the French priest, St. Louis de Montfort, became a warrior for his queen. Few preached on the role of the Mother of God better and with more passion than him. St. Louis spread far and wide the practice of Marian consecration, a means by which we give our entire selves to Jesus through the hands of his mother.
In this enchanting book, Dr. Carrie Gress, author of The Marian Option, provides a fun and thrilling way for children to participate in this centuries-old practice. In just a matter of weeks, they will come to know Mary as they never have before. They will allow her to take their hand and lead them to Christ.
Gress weaves in tales of saints, kings, queens, knights, and princesses as a way to teach children about virtue, courage, and their spiritual mother who loves them. In addition, she draws valuable spiritual lessons from contemporary stories such as The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Winnie the Pooh, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and many other fables and fairy tales that have brought children’s imaginations to life for decades.
Divided into 34 days, Marian Consecration for Children includes a short meditation for each day and accompanying discussion questions. Each day concludes with prayers and a “Did You Know?” feature that delivers fun and interesting facts. Children will discover:
• Why ladybugs are named for Mary.
• The origin of nativity scenes.
• Why the moon is a common symbol for Mary.
• The story of St. Helena’s search for the True Cross.
• The history of the Miraculous Medal and the Brown Scapular.
• The miraculous account of the priests who saved Mary’s veil from a fire in Notre Dame.
• How St. Louis de Montfort’s book True Devotion to Mary was almost lost forever.
• Various stories of Mary saving soldiers in military conflicts.
Discover the beauty and wonder that has enriched Marian spirituality for several centuries as you allow this holy mother to lead young hearts and minds to her Son!
By Carrie Gress
Paperback. 208 pages.
Posted by Unknown on 12th Apr 2018
I ordered this book for our daughter who homeschools her children. She seems thrilled to have it to use with her children.